July 4, 2020 9:00 am
As we celebrate our Independence Day we would like to take a moment to thank and honor those brave men and women who fight so courageously to defend our freedom. Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸 See Post
July 4, 2020 8:59 am
As we celebrate our Independence Day we would like to take a moment to thank and honor those who fight so courageou… See Tweet
Effective as of October 22nd, 2019.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit Rothco.com, or make use of our Sites or visit or contact us through phone or email, you may be asked to provide us with personal information in order for us to provide you with the products or services that you have requested and to communicate with you. This personal information may include any information that can directly or indirectly identify you such as:
· Shipping and billing addresses
· Date of birth
· Email address
· Phone number
· Credit card number or other payment related information
For every visitor who visits our Sites, our web server automatically recognizes where possible the web site or email (and associated email address) referring you to our Sites. In order to monitor and improve our Sites, as well as personalize your experience with Rothco, our web servers track various other technical details about your visit, such as your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser information, device type, internet service provider (ISP), date/time stamp, clickstream data and the pages you visit. This information is collected and stored using a variety of common technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags and log files. This data is used to gather analytics and to participate in ad networks.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Most of what is considered personal information is collected from you directly when you:
· create an account, or register for an Authorized Dealer Account or Consumer Profile
· place an order for any of our products;
· request customer support or assistance;
· sign up to receive the latest product arrivals and releases, or request catalogs or other information; or
· apply for employment or participate in any activity that Rothco promotes that may requires information about you
Rothco uses "cookies", a technology that stores a small amount of information on a website user's computer to permit the website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookie data may be used for purposes including delivering to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites and selecting offers and products to display to you when you visit our website.
We use multiple web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics, to collect information about how you interact with our Sites, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. These service partners may also set cookies or read preexisting cookies. This information is stored on the service partner’s servers, which servers may be located in a county other than the county in which you reside, and is used to provide us with reports about traffic to our website and your visit to our website in accordance with their individual privacy policies. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our website structure and content.
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share information with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These features may require us to implement cookies, plug-ins and/or APIs provided by such social media platforms to facilitate the communications and features. We may share information that you provide us or that we may collect about your use of the Site with these platforms, which information becomes subject to the social media platform’s data and private privacy policies.
Third Party Websites
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
It is our standard to minimize the data we collect and to limit its use and purpose as necessary to provide you with our products and where we have be given consent. To that end, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide the products you have requested
- Process and fulfill your orders
- Notify you on the status of your order
- Verify your identity or eligibility to register as a user of the Sites
- Process your registration as a user, provide you with a log-in ID and maintain and manage your registration and account;
- Process transactions and payments, and provide delivery services;
- Administer, Improve and optimize the operation of our website and content
- Monitor and collect aggregate statistics about customer online traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and usability of the site
- Protect the security or integrity of our website and our products and services.
- Detect, diagnose or identify any fraud or abuses, security risks, errors or necessary enhancements to our Sites
· Notify you about enhancement or updates to our Sites.
- Provide you with customer service and respond to your questions, feedback, claims or disputes.
In addition, we may use the information we collect to communicate with you directly or through a third party service provider regarding your account, orders or request for information or to provide you information on valuable offers from us. These contacts may include email, telephone calls or facsimile. We do not sell or rent phone numbers. You may also receive periodic catalogs from us through the mail.
Information may also be used for other purposes that are not incompatible with the disclosed purposes (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Rothco may from time to time be required to share the information it collects. This may include the sharing of collected information as follows:
Trusted Third Parties
We may share your personal data with subsidiaries and affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as processing orders, shipping products to you and processing your payment information.
If required by law, we may provide information we have about you to law enforcement or other government agencies, pursuant to a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, warrant, or other order by a court of competent jurisdiction or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information as part of legal process.
If you use our Sites on behalf of another person or organization (such as your employer), we may provide your personal information to that authorizing person or organization. Rothco has no control over the use of your personal information by the authorizing person or organization, and that use is not subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to the person or organization on whose behalf you use the website, you should not use the website.
HOW WE SECURE AND RETAIN INFORMATION
Rothco endeavors to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information. We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect collected personal information, both during transmission and once received and stored, including the utilization of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, to encrypt information you input online. Although such technology makes it difficult for anyone to intercept or misuse information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you transmit to us.
In addition, our systems are located in secure facilities and access to your data by our employees is limited to a "need to know" basis, controlled by password protected systems, and monitored for unauthorized access
For registered users of our Sites, some of your information can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your user ID or password to anyone. If you share a computer with others, you should not save your log-in information on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
We keep personal information only for as long as necessary to provide the products you have purchased and thereafter for legitimate legal or business purposes, which includes for such periods of time as may be required by law, contract or similar obligation applicable to our business operations; or to preserve, resolve, defend or enforce any of our legal rights in contract or law; or where necessary to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We respect your privacy and it is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information. However, if you choose not to provide certain information, you may not be able to register an account or utilize certain online account features. Also, if you make a request to delete personal information, and such personal information is necessary for the products you have purchased, then such request will be honored only to the extent the personal information is no longer required for the products purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
You can access, view, add, update or delete your personal information by signing into your account and going to the “My Account” section. If you do not wish to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please simply click the “Unsubscribe” button in your e-mail newsletter. You can also contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that our records may be updated or corrected.
VISITORS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION.
If you are located in the EEA, you have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise at any time:
• The right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data.
• The right to object to processing of your personal information when it is based on our legitimate interests, and separately the right to object to direct marketing.
• The right to ask us, in some situations, to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
• The right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal catalogs), please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
• If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you are located in the EEA, your controller is Rothco (incorporated in the United States), and any requests, questions or concerns should be directed to Rothco as described in the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Our website is not directed at children. In accordance with federal law, we do not solicit or knowingly collect information from children under age 13 without the verifiable permission of a parent or guardian. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has submitted information online without parental consent, we will not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law) and will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases by identifying such information for a purge process. If you become aware of any information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us as provided below.
· By Mail: Attn: Information Technology Dept., 3015 Veterans Memorial Highway, PO Box 1220, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779-0512, USA; or